Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ode to magnetic paint


Magnetic poetry is pretty popular at our house. I bought our first set about 6 years ago and we've added to it here and there. Jose frequently entertains himself by composing, tweaking, and re-composing verses. It's fun at parties as well...I always look forward to seeing what people pulled together while I was off cooking, entertaining, or being entertained.

When we moved into the new place two years ago, the words never really got unpacked. We switched to a stainless fridge, so our options were limited. We bought magnetic paint and an open frame from Michael's and I set up a small place, but it barely housed 1/3 of our magnets.

On my to-do list for quite some time, was the re-painting of the upper half of the dining room. When I finally got around to it, I decided to use the magnetic paint in one corner and dedicate it to magnetic poetry.


Since the walls are light and the words are on a white background, it is difficult to get a good photo, but I really love the space. The best part is that when I see a booster set of words that I like, I can pull the trigger...we have plenty of room to grow!

3 comments:

  1. :-) oh my. I was just thinking about magnetic poetry. I have 3 boxes that I haven't been able to use since I moved in with JPS. I've decided that when the kids get older and I can trust them not to destroy it, I'm painting a wall in the under-the-stairs room with magnetic paint and bringing out the words!

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is a lot of fun! remember that you could paint the whole wall and keep the words high (adults only) until the kids can be trusted...plus, the adults-only poetry is probably more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I also like chalkboard paint.

    ReplyDelete